17 October 2008

ONE MONTH! Barka!




So, I have officially been at post for one month now! Woohoo! Here are some pics of my house. Everything is going fabulously. I've been doing my best to talk to my neighbors as much as possible and "integrate." I am still fortunate enough not to have been hit by amoebas, bacteria, or the other myriad sicknesses that have affected my other fellow volunteers. And for those of you still in the States, I sent in my absentee ballot last week, so you all have no excuse NOT TO VOTE! Some of the vounteers have also organized an Election Party for Nov. 4th. There are a few restaurants in town with satellites, so we'll be following as best as we can! Nigeriens are following our election as if it was their own! This week, we submitted our Annual Implementation Plan to the school Inspector in charge of all of the schools in Maradi. We've also connected with CARE international to do some good collaborations on Girl's education. I'll keep you updated. Make sure you vote!It's hot here, so enjoy that nice fall weather! Miss you all.

Current Reading Material: Richard Wright's "Black Boy"
Current iPod rotation: Jorge Ben's "A Tabua de Esmeralda" , Lupe Fiasco's "The Cool", Me'Shell Ndegeocello's "Peace Beyond Passion", and Ceu's "CÉU"

No comments: