05 November 2008

Innervisions: Ancestry in Progress

"When we dream beyond ourselves"...I can't even finish my sentence. This year's presidential election was one of the most amazing things that I have ever seen in my life. I feel so absolutely blessed to be alive, and to have experienced the tears of joy, hapiness, relief, progress, and faith from American citizens, and citizens of various African nations. I was able to watch the election with other American ,Nigerien, and European citizens until 6 am Wednesday morning. As our new President-elect gave his victory speech, the west african sun was literally rising above us. Ancestry in Progress. What an incredible example this has set for ourselves, and for the individuals of other countries. I am proud to call myself an American. I am proud of ALL of those who fought for the change that was realized on November 4th! Change4th! It was one of the most incredible events to witness from this mother continent. "Yes we can!" Our possibilites are limitless!

The obligatory disclaimer: The opinons/commentary expressed in this message are not the views of the United Staes Peace Corps, they are mine and mine alone.

No comments: